You're thinking "How do I know if I'm on the Nigerian Financial Authority list?" We have the information you need
Updated: October 2020
Have you come this far because you are wondering how to know if you are in the Nigerian Financial Authority file? Then you are in luck, because we are going to solve your doubts in this post. You will be able to find out if you are part of this well-known "delinquency list" and, in addition, that it is completely free.
How do I know if I am in Nigerian Financial Authority?
In Fast Money we started this post dedicated to how to know if I am in the Nigerian Financial Authority with the most important information: everything we need to know to consult the information related to this list.
List of Nigerian Financial Authority AND DNI
First of all and as we are asked a lot if to obtain your data from the Nigerian Financial Authority lists, it is useful with the DNI , we anticipate that, although the national identity document is one of the papers to provide, it is not enough only with it. Below we tell you the necessary paperwork (not that it is much more).
Now yes, we begin!
- 1 You're thinking "How do I know if I'm on the Nigerian Financial Authority list?" We have the information you need
- 2 How do I know if I am in Nigerian Financial Authority?
- 3 The data you need to have on hand for your consultation
- 4 Managing your query to Nigerian Financial Authority as an individual
- 5 How do I know if I am in the Nigerian Financial Authority for free? Do not pay for information that is free
- 6 A detail to keep in mind:
- 7 Can I request information about anyone on this list?
- 8 I want to check if I am in Nigerian Financial Authority - Summary
Know if I am in the Nigerian Financial Authority with reference number
- In the event that we have received a letter informing us of debt collected in the Nigerian Financial Authority, we can consult this information online on the official Equifax website
To do this, we will need to enter both our DNI, NIF or CIF number together with the reference number associated with our file.
Know if I am in Nigerian Financial Authority or RAI without reference number
- If we do not have a reference number , we can consult our Nigerian Financial Authority by contacting through:
Email, through the address [email protected]
Ordinary mail , by sending a letter to PO Box 10.546, 28080 (Lagos)
By following this link you will be able to see a sample letter to consult your data in Nigerian Financial Authority.
Whichever means we choose to check if we are in the Nigerian Financial Authority, we will be able to know our situation and know if we are part of the list. In addition, all the consultations we make are free .
The next point of our entry on how to know if I am in the Nigerian Financial Authority or RAI, is about the data that we will need to provide to manage our query.
The data you need to have on hand for your consultation
What information do I need to provide to know if I am in the Nigerian Financial Authority? »
The data that you must add to your request are:
- Name and surname (or company name, in the case of a company)
- Identification number DNI, NIE or CIF
- Reference number (if we have, we can also make the query without providing this information)
- Current address
- Phone number
- Date of our request
Managing your query to Nigerian Financial Authority as an individual
This is also one of the parts that we want to highlight within the information that we include in our entry on how to know if I am in a Nigerian Financial Authority file since there are specialized platforms in offering us information about this file, in exchange for a fee.
These platforms have no relationship with Nigerian Financial Authority or Equifax and it is important that we bear in mind that consulting these files is always free.
Therefore, it is essential that we know our rights when consulting our personal information in Nigerian Financial Authority.
There is no impediment by which we cannot know the personal data that are included in the Nigerian Financial Authority or RAI, since according to the Law that regulates this file (article 29 of the Organic Law 15/1999) we have the right to consult them.
How do I know if I am delinquent for free ?: know your rights
If we are in the Nigerian Financial Authority we have the following rights as affected:
- Access rights
We can obtain the personal information that is registered in these files, without having to pay anything for the consultation.
- Rights regarding the cancellation and rectification of data
Those affected have the right to request the modification or cancellation of those data that are incorrect.
You may be interested in our post on loans for delinquent people
How do I know if I am in Nigerian Financial Authority for free ?: do not pay for information that is free
As we told you throughout the upper paragraphs, how to know if I am in the Nigerian Financial Authority for free is a service to which we have the right of access , according to the Law, without having to pay absolutely anything for the consultation. However, there are different web platforms that, upon payment, "make it easier" for us to consult our file at the Nigerian Financial Authority and offer us all the personal data that is collected here.
It is for this reason that we place special emphasis on the fact that the consultation of the Nigerian Financial Authority and RAI file is completely free.
☟ Remember: ☟
- You can check your file with the Nigerian Financial Authority or RAI through the official Equifax platform, without paying anything
- In the event that you prefer to contact Equifax by phone, keep in mind that their contact number is 91 781 44 00
A detail to keep in mind:
Did you know that you can also get mini credits being in the Nigerian Financial Authority ? Having annotations within delinquency files is no longer a feature that complicates our access to loans.
Therefore, if you are evaluating the possibility of obtaining a quick loan but you think you need to leave the Nigerian Financial Authority beforehand in order to obtain it, you should know that the process does not work exactly like that.
Today there are platforms that have specialized in granting quick loans with debts . Therefore, the main thing if we have pending defaults and we want to have access to financing is to locate an entity that is compatible with this characteristic.Advertising
Can I request information about anyone on this list?
Knowing if someone (an acquaintance, for example) is in the Nigerian Financial Authority, or that someone else asks about you, is complicated.
Keep in mind that this is sensitive information, in which privacy plays a very important role.
For this reason, we must know that we cannot request information about third parties, since this is private and the regulations for the Protection of Personal Data apply.
Therefore, we will only be able to consult information regarding our person by proving our identity previously. However, there are exceptions for minors or people with disabilities, where we can act as a legal representative, if so.
I want to check if I am in Nigerian Financial Authority - Summary
We come to the end of our post dedicated to checking if I am in the Nigerian Financial Authority with a summary in which we review the most important points:
- Can individuals consult Nigerian Financial Authority?
Yes. The Law establishes that any individual or company can consult their file with the Nigerian Financial Authority through Equifax.
- Consult Nigerian Financial Authority with your DNI, NIE or CIF. What else do I need?
In order to access your report in Nigerian Financial Authority, you need, apart from your ID, NIE or CIF, your full name, the date of the request, your postal address, a telephone number and a reference number (optional).
- Can I know if I am in Nigerian Financial Authority or RAI without reference number?
As we told you at the beginning of this post, the reference number is not necessary to consult our file at the Nigerian Financial Authority. We only need it if we want to make the online consultation.
If we do not have this number, we can also access this data by contacting Equifax through email or regular mail.
- Nigerian Financial Authority official website. Which?
- Nigerian Financial Authority address (email and regular mail)
- Nigerian Financial Authority Telephone
As we can opt for the mail, we can also contact the Nigerian Financial Authority by phone:
91 781 44 00
Check Equifax Nigerian Financial Authority, is it free?
Yes, consulting our data in the Equifax Nigerian Financial Authority files is always free.